Another update reference the upcoming changes in the Covid Restrictions. As always we will be following the Government restrictions and advice from the BRC. And we’ll be reviewing these restrictions regularly. From 2nd December the UK will be divided into 3 tiers as you know.
And sadly it does mean that at this time, we are unable to facilitate members from Tier 3.
As advised by BRC:
There should be no unnecessary travel into or out of Tier 3. BRC activities would not be considered necessary travel, so whilst events are permitted to be held in Tier 3 areas, they should only be attended by people residing within those areas. Organisers should do their best to enforce these travel restrictions.”
I know this is a difficult time. And as a committee we have thought carefully about the best way to go forward. And so we plan to run the mentoring, as close to normal as possible. Mentoring will look a bit different that this time. And providing Mentors are happy to continue we will running regular clinics.
We ask for your support with these measures at this time. And we all look forward to the time we’ll all be together again to enjoy our lovely sport.
As always if you have any concerns or questions please don’t hesitate to contact either myself or any of the committee members and we’ll do our best to help & support you.
Tracey Matthews (on behalf of the WARC Committee)
I know by now you will all be aware of the latest introduction of a new National Lock Down. And while I’m sure we can all agree this is a necessary measure, it does unfortunately mean that once again we are going to have to cancel our forthcoming mentoring and clinics.
As before we are following the advice from the BRC:
Following the recent announcement of another national lockdown in England from Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December, we are saddened to announce that the current interpretation is that all BRC activity, bar virtual activity, must cease during this time. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes all activities run under the BRC banner, including competitions, training, clinics and camps.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact either myself or one our committee members. We will do what we can to help or advise you.
We look forward to seeing you all again soon, until then, stay safe…
on behalf of your committee
Revised times for Trec this Saturday –
UNFORTUNATELY THE WEATHER HAS LET US DOWN AGAIN AND WE ARE HAVING TO CANCEL THE PLANNED DRESSAGE COMPETITION ON SUNDAY
Here you go folks
Here are the results from our competition on 12 January
We would like to invite you to join us at our AGM, Social Supper and Awards evening on Friday 7th February at the Wittering Social Club.
Its set to be a great evening (certainly going by last year’s event) and will be fun and friendly and a great opportunity to meet your fellow members, your committee and mentors while.
We do need to know numbers, have your food order and money in advance and booking forms are available here.
You need to bring along whatever you would like to drink (plus glasses).
RSVP by Weds 5th February, put your form in the WARC box in livery lodge at Grange Farm or email Angela at email@example.com with numbers and choices. Cheques payable to Wittering Academy, or cash or payment by BACS (please email for details).
So as we come to the end of 2019, a huge thank you from your committee for all the hours you have volunteered at our various events and competitions – in fact an amazing 834 hours over the year. We simply can’t run anything without your valuable support.
Do remember as part of your membership we do ask that you commit to helping out for at least one event in the year – many of you do so much more, some of you not so – let’s make 2020 the year that all of members do just a little bit.
1 hour of help is rewarded with 1 credit/£ towards mentoring, training and clinics.
Here is the hall of fame for 2019 – the list shows the credits everyone has at year-end once any credits you have already redeemed for mentoring sessions or clinics have been deducted.
Very disappointed to say that the dressage competition tomorrow is cancelled. The weather forecast now shows 40+mph winds and hail at Wittering and we have to make the decision now. We will use the same schedule for the January 12 competition so please let Janice know if you would like to carry forward or have a refund.